bb Productions (2/2000-Present)
Independent consultant, entrepreneur, artist graphic designer and writer
Walt Disney Imagineering - Show Producer and Creative Director for Test Track presented by Chevrolet. A re-imagining of the Test Track pavilion at Epcot featuring new interactive experiences. Opened December 6, 2012
VIRSIX- Board member and creative consultant for interactive technology and game development. Company founded by Nolan and Brent Bushnel, first round of funding for product development now complete, first product launch in October 2010.
MGM – Senior creative consultant for five story retail entertainment project in Shanghai, China. Began construction in May, 2008 estimated completion in June 2011; continuing consulting contract through project completion.
Zimmer Children's Museum - Consultant for exhibit design, graphic design, operations, marketing and fundraising; continuing consulting contract.
· Exhibit Designer/Producer– All interactive exhibits: Designer and producer of interactive music exhibit featuring a unique interface that allows children to “paint” with music. Musical “paintings” can be transformed into the sounds of instruments from other parts of the world. Designer and producer of interactive 25’ tall “pachinko” exhibit staged as a learning opportunity about charity. Designer and producer of interactive ambulance exhibit staged as a learning opportunity about helping others. Designer and producer of community park exhibit staged as a learning opportunity about our environment.
· Executive Producer - Show and Tel: the art of language: Participant artist and producer of this fundraising exhibit for artists and celebrities rethinking how we communicate, opening May 2009.
· Executive Producer - Show and Tel: the art of vision: Participant artist and producer of exhibit rethinking how we see, open May 2008. This two month exhibit and auction earned more than $250,000 in funding.
· Executive Producer - Show and Tel: the art of harmony: Producer of exhibit reinventing the musical instrument, open May 2007. Earned more than $200,000 in funding.
· Executive Producer - Show and Tel: the art of connections: Participant artist and producer of exhibit reinventing the telephone. Earned more than $300,000 in funding.
Illinois Holocaust Museum – Youth Exhibition Space - Creative lead, space designer and designer of interactive experiences for children at major Chicago museum scheduled to open in 2009.
NATIONAL INVENTORS HALL OF FAME – Exhibit design for
Wallis Annenberg Cultural Center of
2004. Fundraising event included a multi-media surround film experience and historic exhibit.
ARJUNA ART FOR THE SPIRIT - Co-founder for retail of art, home furnishings and gift products, chosen or created by Buddhist artist
INVISION COMMUNICATIONS – Marketing Consultant
SGM DESIGN LABS - Concept development and design of children’s toys
· Development of strategies for corporate growth of home technology integrator House Gadget
· Design and sales of video installation for Southbay Sports Arena in
EARTHDAY – Writer of feature length screenplay, finalist in Radmin Corporation’s 2001 Screenwriter competition
HOW TO MAKE $50,000 A YEAR TAX FREE - Author of instructional book for location based film and television rentals.
Senior Vice-President and Creative Director for Sony Development
Senior Vice-President Architectural Division.
AIRTIGHT GARAGE – Creative Director and Executive Producer for video game attraction inspired by the fantastic worlds of Jean 'Moebius' Giraud.
HYPERBOWL – Creative Director for interactive bowling game at AirTight Garage.
WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE - Creative Director and Executive Producer of 15,000 square foot play space, based on a children's book by Maurice Sendak.
THE WAY THINGS WORK – Creative Director and Executive Producer for attraction based on the book by David Macaulay.
THE WAY THINGS WORK IN MAMMOTH 3D - Executive producer of 3D-video presentation.
AIRTIGHT GARAGE, WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE - Creative Director and Executive Producer for attractions at Mediage, Tokyo.
THE MUSIC BOX - Created concept and designs for interactive music attraction at the Sony Entertainment Center in Berlin.
YELLOW SUBMARINE - Creative Director and Executive Producer for a simulator experience based on the Beatles film.
SONY STYLE - Creative Director and Executive Producer of Sony brand stores in San Francisco and New York.
MICROSOFTSF - Managed creative requirements and created concept for Microsoft branded store at Metreon in San Francisco.
GATEWAY - Creative Director and Executive Producer of kinetic architecture, public space and retail environment at Metreon in San Francisco.
MONTAGE - Created concept and managed design development of restaurant at Metreon.
IN THE NIGHT KITCHEN - Executive Producer of Sendak inspired restaurant at Metreon.
Walt Disney Imagineering, Research and Development (1/1987 - 9/1994)
Director and Executive Director, Research and Development
Division Founder and Creative Director
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH (ATR) - Managed new technology department of Research and Development division
INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE - Managed alliance of technical and creative requirements, developed concept ride-vehicle
AIR LAUNCH PYROTECHNICS - Developed concept for new fireworks technology
VIRTUAL SKETCHPAD - Managed development of unique artist/computer interface.
ALLADIN VR - Managed concept development of Virtual Reality attraction
ALIEN ENCOUNTER BINAURAL AUDIO – Created technical concept for first theater to use binaural sound.
Walt Disney Imagineering, Creative (5/1980 - 1/1987)
Designer and Show Producer for Themed Entertainment and Attraction Design
MANNEQUINS, PLEASURE ISLAND - Created concept for themed night club
AUDIO ADVENTURE, DISNEY/MGM STUDIO TOUR - Introduced 'Binaural Audio' as a theme park experience